Closet Case Carolyn Pyjamas
This month I chose this traditional pink and navy rose printed cotton poplin and I knew that a set of summer pyjamas would be the perfect pairing for them.
I’ve previously made the Closet Case Carolyn Pyjamas using a brushed cotton and I loved the fit of them so this time I’m trying out the summer shorts version. My current measurements are 35-28.5-36 and I cut a size 8 in the bottoms.
Instead of making the shirt version I decided to pair the shorts with a True Bias Ogden cami. Amazingly for an Instagram favourite, I’ve not yet made an Ogden cami. I think I’ve been putting it off as I know I’ll need to add some shaping to it. I much prefer a slightly more fitted silhouette.
I chose to cut a size 6 of the Ogden cami. Google came to the rescue as I really wouldn’t know where to start with pattern alterations for adding darts. But essentially I made a full bust adjustment of approximately 1 inch. It didn’t take too long to amend my pattern pieces and I did also remember to amend my front facing pattern piece too!
Instead of using piping, I chose to make my own flat bias tape on a contrasting polycotton. I cut bias strips measuring 4cm wide so it was easy to match the edge of the bias tape with the edge of the pattern pieces so I’d get a more uniform size of trim peeking through.
As I’ve made the Carolyn PJ’s before, it didn’t take me too long to sew them together. I like the finished length of the shorts and they’re really comfortable to wear especially with the cool crispness of the cotton poplin. The Ogden cami was a pretty straightforward sew. I used the technique of using a straw to turn the straps as I’d been struggling with a loop turner but it took second using the straw technique. I’m glad I stashed a wide straw away in my sewing kit. Next time I make the Ogden cami I think I’ll make the straps a little bit wider to make them more bra friendly – they’re fine for a pyjama top though.
Until next time!